“You are your best thing.” Toni Morrison
About Coaching with Kelli
I coach Black women who are on the journey to freedom.
I am an ACC-level coach with the International Coaching Federation. I also engage with continuing education around liberation, healing, and leadership. To date, I have coached for more than 250 hours.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a powerful, ongoing relationship that helps deepen your understanding of yourself and what you want for your life. This deepened understanding allows you to focus on what is most important to you so you can actualize your visions and goals. Coaching serves as a guide to the coach partner.
Coaching is NOT a “fix-it” modality. Unlike consulting, a coach does not provide expertise, answers, and solutions. You are the expert on your situation.
What can I expect in coaching?
- A sacred space to talk about what’s most important, how to engage with it, and to co-create an action plan and accountability to get there
- Pathways to get unstuck, move beyond limiting beliefs, reconnect with inner and/or ancestral wisdom
- Align that with the change you want to make in the world
- An outside partner to act as your sounding board, witness, asker of questions, champion, and accountability buddy as you re-connect with your strengths, passions, values, and needs and navigate a path forward
- Space to bring all parts of your identity and culture to bear on the issue at hand
- Connecting with the wisdom of the body
- Making connections to systems, structures, power, and privilege
How will coaching benefit me?
- Less isolation in your role as leader
- Increased or renewed energy, passion, alignment, and sense of resourcefulness
- More fulfilling leadership role
- Clarity about what is present and what is possible
- Tools to take with you
- Trust in yourself, your wisdom, and your strength
- Feeling of wholeness
- Quieting the inner critic
- Stretching beyond what’s comfortable
- Coming into your power and being at choice in your life and career
What are some examples of reasons you might want a coach?
- have support during a leadership transition
- plan a career or life change
- address the impact of anti-Blackness on your job
- go deeper into your healing journey
- reconnect with what matters most to you
- create more harmony in your leadership
- focus your energy to finish or plan a project
- increase your effectiveness as a leader
How is coaching conducted?
Typically, individual coaching is done by video conference or telephone, twice a month for 60-minute sessions.
I encourage new partners to commit to eight sessions. While not required, this number of sessions allows us to consciously build a relationship that will serve you well. If you are not able to commit to regular coaching sessions one-off appointments are available.
Is coaching therapy?
No, coaching is NOT therapy. It does not substitute for therapy and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease. In some instances, I may recommend you seek out other professionals better suited to meet your needs.
What is a typical session like?
The hallmark of coaching is self-determination. The coach partner sets the agenda for the call and the coach follows that agenda. You can expect powerful and clarifying questions, focused actions, and mutual accountability. As your coach, I support you thoroughly. No judgment. No shame.
How much does it cost to hire a coach?
- All coaching comes with a free intro call to get to know each other and explore how we want to be in relationship with each other.
- After that, each session is $250/hour. For those seeking to work with me long-term, I require a minimum of 8 sessions (twice a month for four months) after which you can move to a month-to-month agreement or book a la carte sessions on an as-needed basis.
- Group coaching begins in 2023. Subscribe to my newsletter to be updated on my group offerings.
- On the 2nd Saturday of the month, I offer Black women coaching sessions for $75.
I do not take your investment in coaching lightly. If we are not a good fit, I can share a list of other coaches that might be better able to serve you.
Want to Pay it Forward?
Those with enough resources or access to resources, including employer-sponsored coaching, have the option of a pay-it-forward price. When you pay it forward you are paying anything above the full cost of coaching that you are willing to invest in another Black woman. As a pay-it-forward coach partner, you are also helping support and sustain financially accessible work. You are invited to participate in the pay-it-forward at any time. You can do so by emailing me at kkj [at] iamkelli.com with the subject Pay-It-Forward.
How do I get started?
I AM CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY AND WILL NOT OPEN MY CALENDAR FOR INTRO CALLS BEFORE AUGUST 31, 2022. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN MY CALENDAR OPENS UP AGAIN FOR NEW CLIENTS.
Book an intro call below to start the conversation. I will contact you to set up your free call. If the chemistry is right, and you decide you want to move on to the next step, I will send you a contract and you can choose to purchase a coaching package or pay for coaching on a per-session basis. Once you pay, you will schedule your kick-off session. During this first coaching session, you will set goals you want to accomplish. Together, we will use your coaching time to help you make progress toward the results you want to accomplish.