“You are your best thing.” Toni Morrison
Here are some of the most FAQs I get from folks interested in working with me.
About Coaching with Kelli
I coach Black women who are on the journey to freedom.
I am an ACC-level coach with the International Coaching Federation. I also engage with continuing education around liberation, healing, and leadership. To date, I have coached nearly 350 hours.
In 2023, I am beginning the process to become a certified practitioner of the Narrative Enneagram. Email me to find out why and how I plan to use the Enneagram in my approach to coaching.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a powerful, ongoing relationship that helps deepen your understanding of yourself and what you want for your leadership. This deepened understanding allows you to focus on what is most important to you so you can actualize your visions and goals. Coaching serves as a guide to the coach partner.
Coaching is NOT a “fix-it” modality. Unlike consulting, a coach does not provide expertise, answers, and solutions. You are the expert on your situation. There may be times when, with consent, I move into more of an advising role. These times should be infrequent. Coaching is about you trusting and listening to yourself.
What can I expect in coaching?
- A sacred space to talk about what’s most important, how to engage with it
- Calls to Action
- Pathways to get unstuck, move beyond limiting beliefs, reconnect with inner and/or ancestral wisdom
- Alignment with the change you want to make in the world
- An outside partner to act as your sounding board, witness, asker of questions, champion, and accountability buddy as you re-connect with your strengths, passions, values, and needs and navigate a path forward
- Space to bring all parts of your identity and culture to bear on the issue at hand
- Connecting with the wisdom of the body and the ancestors
- Identification of systems, structures, power, and privilege that impact your leadership
How will coaching benefit me?
- Less isolation in your role as a leader
- Increased or renewed energy, passion, alignment, and sense of resourcefulness
- More fulfilling leadership role
- Meaningful goals
- More impact
- Clarity about what is present and possible
- Trust in yourself, your wisdom, and your strength
- Feeling of wholeness
- Quieting the inner critic
- Stretching beyond what’s comfortable
- Coming into your power and being at choice in your leadership
What are some examples of reasons you might want a coach?
- have support during a leadership transition
- plan a career or life change
- address the impact of anti-Blackness on your job
- go deeper into your healing journey
- reconnect with what matters most to you
- create more harmony in your leadership
- focus your energy to finish or plan a project
- increase your effectiveness as a leader
How is coaching conducted?
Typically, individual coaching is done by video conference or telephone, twice a month for 60-minute sessions.
I encourage new partners to commit to eight sessions. While not required, this number of sessions allows us to consciously build a relationship that will serve you well. If you are not able to commit to regular coaching sessions one-off appointments are available.
Is coaching therapy?
No, coaching is NOT therapy. It does not substitute for therapy and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease. In some instances, I may recommend you seek out other professionals better suited to meet your needs.
What is a typical session like?
The hallmark of coaching is self-determination. The coach partner sets the agenda for the call and the coach follows that agenda. You can expect powerful and clarifying questions, focused actions, and mutual accountability. As your coach, I support you thoroughly. No judgment. No shame.
How much does it cost to hire you as my coach?
- All coaching comes with a free intro call to get to know each other and explore how we want to be in relationship with each other.
- After that, each session is $275/hour. For those seeking to work with me long-term, I require a minimum of 8 sessions (twice a month for four months) after which you can move to a month-to-month agreement or book a la carte sessions on an as-needed basis.
- Group coaching is $200/month and includes two sessions along with weekly group Voxer contact.
- On the 2nd Saturday of the month, I offer Black women coaching sessions for $75.
I do not take your investment in coaching lightly. If we are not a good fit, I can share a list of other coaches that might be better able to serve you.
Want to Pay it Forward?
Those with enough resources or access to resources, including employer-sponsored coaching, have the option of a pay-it-forward price. When you pay it forward you are paying anything above the full cost of coaching that you are willing to invest in another Black woman. As a pay-it-forward coach partner, you are also helping support and sustain financially accessible work. You are invited to participate in the pay-it-forward at any time. You can do so by emailing me.
You’re also welcome to be an ally to Black women by sponsoring a session for them.
How do I get started?
I have limited availability for individual clients in 2023. I will reopen for intro calls in March 2023. If you’re ready to work with me now, apply to join one of my coaching groups.
Book an intro call below to start the conversation. I will contact you to set up your free call. If the chemistry is right, and you decide you want to move on to the next step, I will send you a contract and you can choose to purchase a coaching package or pay for coaching on a per-session basis. Once you pay, you will schedule your kick-off session. During this first coaching session, you will set goals you want to accomplish. Together, we will use your coaching time to help you make progress toward the results you want to accomplish.