“You are your best thing.” Toni Morrison
About Coaching with Kelli
I coach Black women who are on the journey to liberation for themselves and their communities.
My formal coach training is through Leadership that Works’ Coaching for Transformation program, which is accredited through the International Coach’s Federation. I have also spent time engaged with continuing education around liberation coaching.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a powerful, ongoing relationship that helps deepen your understanding of yourself and what you want for your life. This deepened understanding allows you to focus on what is most important to you so you can actualize your visions and goals. Coaching serves as a guide to the coach partner.
Coaching is NOT a “fix-it” modality. Unlike consulting, a coach does not provide expertise, answers and solutions. You are the expert of your situation.
What can I expect in coaching?
- A sacred space to talk about what’s most important, how to engage with it, and to co-create an action plan and accountability to get there
- Pathways to get unstuck, move beyond limiting beliefs, reconnect with inner and/or ancestral wisdom
- Align that with the change you want to make in the world
- An outside partner to act as your sounding board, witness, asker of questions, champion, and accountability buddy as you re-connect with your strengths, passions, values, and needs and navigate a path forward
- Space to bring all parts of your identity and culture to bear on the issue at hand
- Connecting with the wisdom of the body
- Making connections to systems, structures, power and privilege
How will coaching benefit me?
- Less isolation in role as leader
- Increased or renewed energy, passion, alignment, and sense of resourcefulness
- More fulfilling leadership role
- Clarity about what is present and what is possible
- Tools to take with you
- Trust in yourself, your wisdom and your strength
- Feeling of wholeness
- Quieting the inner critic
- Stretching beyond what’s comfortable
- Coming into your power and being at choice in your life and career
What are some examples of reasons you might want a coach?
- to plan a career or life change
- to address the impact of anti-Blackness on your job
- to go deeper in your healing
- reconnect with what matters most to you
- to get more organized
- to create more harmony in your life
- to focus your energy to finish or plan a project
- to increase your effectiveness as a social change leader
How is coaching done?
Typically, individual coaching is done by video conference or telephone, in up to four, 45-minute sessions each month. You can also connect with your coach once per week on the off weeks.
I recommend a twice a month up to three-month commitment (six sessions). While not required, this number of sessions allows us to consciously build a relationship that will serve you well. If you are not able to commit to regular coaching sessions one-off appointments are available.
Is coaching therapy?
No, coaching is NOT therapy and does not substitute for therapy and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease. In some instances, I may recommend coach partners seek out other professionals better suited to meet your needs.
What is a typical session like?
The hallmark of coaching is self-determination. The coach partner sets the agenda for the call and the coach follows that agenda. You can expect powerful and clarifying questions, focused actions, and mutual accountability. As your coach, I support you thoroughly. No judgement. No shame.
What does it cost to hire a coach?
The charge for coaching is $200 per 45-minute session. I have pay-what-you-can slots for a limited number of coach partners who need that option. Do not let cost stop you from pursuing coaching. Contact me and we can discuss your unique needs.
- All coaching comes with a free discovery session to get to know each other and explore how we want to be in relationship with each other.
- Each session is $200/hour after that. If you have limited resources, you can pay what you can and/or pay what you make per hour.
- I also offer coaching packages, which decreases the fee:
- You can purchase a 3-session package for $500.
- You can purchase a 3-month package (bi-weekly coaching; six sessions total) for $900.
(In 2021, I may introduce a group coaching option. Stay tuned!)
I do not take your investment in coaching lightly. If after our intro session we are not a good fit, I can share a list of other coaches that might be better able to serve you.
If you decide to work with me during your first coaching session you will set a 90-day goal you want to accomplish. That goal will be worth the coaching fee, something you would be happy to pay for. Together, we will make the most of your coaching time so that you are making progress toward the results you want.
How do I get started?
Click here to set up a 30-minute intro call so we can discuss whether coaching is right for you. If the chemistry is right, and you decide you want to move on to the next step, we will schedule your discovery session. Both of these sessions are free. After the discovery session, you can choose to purchase a coaching package or pay for coaching on a per-session basis. Once you pay and book your session(s), you will receive more detailed self-assessment and intake forms.